+ Zenarian Sky +

+ Newbie Doc
+ London/Singapore
+ Need to contact me?

+ My Fellow Star-catchers +

+ Sugargal
+ Oreo Boy
+ Rocephine
+ DK
+ Lit
+ Degoon
+ Taralyn
+ Joseph
+ Re-Minisce
+ Realspace
+ ThreeMD
+ Spacefan
+ Blogblorygmi
+ Doc Shazam
+ Push Fluids
+ Cut-To-Cure
+ The Underwear Drawer

+ Hint Me +

designed by lonelyger

Monday, May 24, 2004

People can be such moronic bitches at times...

Now, I'm not saying that I'm not a bitch at times, which I think I can be if provoked up to it (usually I'm either very polite or very boisterous. Take your pick), but this is not about me, but my sister's GP tutor.

Apparently the tutor found out about my sister's blog on the web, went to look at it, and lo and behold, she was 'hurt' because of an entry put up by my sister on the tutor's conduct in class and her feelings/opinions on it. THEN... she showed it to all the classes that she taught in school and 'reiterated' how hurt she felt by it.

This brings up a couple of issues. Even though I'm not directly affected, it affects my sister, and therefore it concerns me. I feel INDIGNANT, and am simmering like boiling volcanic lava ready to erupt if given a boost.


1) THE ISSUE OF BEING AN EDUCATOR

Being a GP tutor in a junior college should, I would think, instil some sense of pride and be mindful of what you teach your students. And NOT return with snide remarks about how a student doesn't fit up to your standard, yaddah yaddah. BE CONSTRUCTIVE, NOT DESTRUCTIVE. You also do not air your grievances in front of other students, just to put down the student who has voiced her opinions, not to you, but just aloud on the web. That is making it PERSONAL, esp when she has not made it a personal attempt on your life! That is unbecomingly UNPROFESSIONAL. If you think it must be talked out, then settle it 'out of the public eye'.


2) THE ISSUE OF PRIVACY

Isn't a blog some sort of personal possession? Even though it is on the net? I would think it is a personal property of the individual, and while it can be read by anyone who can access it, it is not supposed to 'advertised' to others. By the tutor showing other students the blog, I would count it as an infringement of privacy. I wonder: can the tutor be sued for that? I would sure like to see her reaction to that.


Now you can see that I'm biased. Of course I am! This is my sister I'm talking about. Personally, I've met this tutor of hers during one of the meet-the-parents session when I was back home, and I must say, she didn't give me a good feeling. It seemed as if she was very disdainful and dismissive of my sister, of the fact that she is a debater (and good at that! esp being chosen to represent Singapore) and is too arrogant for her own good. When I asked how my sis could improve, the tutor just went on harping and critising her, but giving nothing constructive! Besides, she is more involved in herself and the ascension up the ladder instead of the welfare of her students.

Yes, my sis may seem to be arrogant at times, but to give her the benefit of the doubt, I would say it is more that she is very vocal in her opinions and doesn't mince words to please others.

I'm proud of my sister.